I haven’t gotten a haircut in a while. It’s often in a ponytail. I know some stylist would encourage me to fix myself up, but here are some reasons I will continue my current, err, style for a while. (I also wander around in workout clothes a lot.)
1. It’s summer, and I’ll probably end up in a pool later.
2. I might clean the house later.
3. Maybe I just worked out. Maybe. Can’t be sure, right?
4. I might work out later.
5. I might mow the lawn later.
6. Yeah yeah yeah, the path the hell is paved in good intentions.
7. It’s not noon yet. (The people who sell booze use that every Sunday, so why can’t I?)
8. I’m trying to boost other women’s self-esteem by looking bedraggled myself. It’s a public service. You’re welcome.
9. When I finally do make myself up, blow-dry my hair, etc., I figure I’ll be unrecognizable and able to go on a glamorous bender all incognito.
10. I’m a super hero. This is my disguise.
11. I’m not Jennifer Garner being stalked by some local paparazzi.
12. My kids will probably push me in the pool soon for forcing them to do swim practice.
13. Yeah, I know #12 is almost the same as #1. Deal.